Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole

Woot, the screening was in 3D digital format all thank to The Star newspaper and Warner Bros for the passes.
It has been quite a while since I last watched a 3D format movie and I am all hype up for the night. This movie is based on a children book series with the same title, but that's not important cause the movie itself did quite a lengthy explanation which I personally gave me the feeling that this film is not for children cause they wouldn't enjoy the talking to be honest.
Directed by Zack Snyder the same guy who brought us 300 and Watchmen there are things you could expect like slow motion scene, legendary imagination, and not forget superb CG animation.
So what do you get when a group of owl is against one another? You get owl fight. Nothing too impressive on that as I would rather watch some real action. But still the nicely done animation was worth the Hoo-Haa as you could see how smooth their fur is and how chilling it is when it snow.
And who's the best singer for Legend of the Guardian soundtrack if it wasn't Owl City?
Movie length approx 90minutes but I felt as it I was there in the cinema for 2 hours, probably because of the draggy storyline which gave me space to yawn and think of other stuff.

Rate: 3.5/5

No comments:

Recommended Post

Related Posts with Thumbnails